Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Quick word about comments ...

Comments here are 'moderated'. In as much that I have to physically see them and wave them through once you hit Send. So, if ye write a Comment. Post it. Don't see it? No worries. It's just sitting there, waiting for me to come online and find it in my email. I click and your words appear here. Please don't post it several times. Get frustrated and storm off, never to be seen again. It's just a measure I was forced to put into place by doxxers, spammers and other, mentally unstable's.

Monday, July 27, 2015

My Stables Roof .....


  I need to clear a bottle neck here. I mean, this is Old news! Only, it ~ and what's followed it ~ has become so all encompassing in my life that I've barely been able to think of, much less write of, anything else.

  So, let me tell and show ye about my stables roof. Then I can intersperse with a few more odds and sods, bringing us bang up to date.

  I bought this stable from Pat. Only, it wasn't a stable then. It was an eight cow cow shed and pen. Stone built and asbestos roofed. Long since disused. It, at first, had a Hay Barn (What you may know as a " Dutch Barn ") on one side. A storm tore that down years ago.

  So, there's Donks and Rosie, tucked in there at night. Full time in the winters. Barricaded into the back half. Free access to the pen.

Ye know; I genuinely can't even remember how I tried to keep them back there, before Pat came along and did some wizardry with welding. Next thing, I had a sound gate and a double bay divided for them to feed in.

  Only remaining problem was the roof. The barn collapsing had fractured the asbestos. A winter or twos more Tin Tester gales had done the roof no more good. 

  My horses were now getting water pissed onto their heads and hay.  I was struggling to keep their stored hay out of the leaking areas. Timbers was rotting like pears. Another winter and the whole fucking lot could collapse.

  This was what I was looking at:




  Left of centre, ye can see where the roof's started caving in, look. And see that beam laying there? Encouraging the rain to join it ~ on my horses backs! What's a man to do?





  Off it fucking came then! Was gonna come off anyway. Pat ensured it came off the right way! Then, we made all that abby go away .....

  Days later ~ during good weather ~ I got up to find a team of maniacs on my land! WTF....?! Humping. Hammering. Hefting. 

And then, the old and rotten timbers of my stable roof had been replaced with expertly grafted, brand new, tanalised  stuff!

   In all honesty, I went out there, really just to see what they were up to. Thought I'd better offer them tea, or something.

  You ever actually seen a gang of Irishmen Work?!? It was fucking Scary!!!




  I, obviously, found myself roped into lending someone a hand, helping pass a sheet up, here and there. I was thinking how nice it'd all be, in a few days, when it was finished.

  Like rabid fucking locusts, they were! I've never seen anything like it! Look!




  And did all this clamouring, shouting, banging and bashing faze my horses, as it went off over their heads? 

  What do You think?! Donks couldn't give a fuck about Anything. And Rosie Horse is a perfect example of a Gypsy Cob! " WW3 Above My Head? ..... Fuck It! I see hay! "





   Anyway, yeah; Whole fucking roof was put on in a Morning! Guys I'd never even heard of just turned up out of no where. Then vanished, before I'd even had a chance to ask who they were. Where they'd come from. What they'd like to drink!

   They left me with this:





  In A Morning!!!  I'm still totally aghast. 

  Plasticised steel, that is. Green! I could have had white and saved myself a third of the cost. What, and laid out a fucking great white flag? Like; " Hey! Look! I'm Here! Come check me out! "  Fuck that! No. My green roof melds into the back ground. Worth every extra penny.

  And, for the eagle eyed among ye? Yes, that's a clear plastic skylight, over the far, top end of the roof. Horses now live and feed in dry, bright, daylit space!

There's so much more to add. Much more been done for the horses. More yet to be done. I just don't want this to become a horse oriented Blog. 

  Who fancies a bit of Trail Cam footage next?  

No comments:

Post a Comment