Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Ditch Shitter Just Wrote .....

Quick word about comments ...

Comments here are 'moderated'. In as much that I have to physically see them and wave them through once you hit Send. So, if ye write a Comment. Post it. Don't see it? No worries. It's just sitting there, waiting for me to come online and find it in my email. I click and your words appear here. Please don't post it several times. Get frustrated and storm off, never to be seen again. It's just a measure I was forced to put into place by doxxers, spammers and other, mentally unstable's.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Stables Story Starts Here .....


  Okay. It's been a long, hard slog. But, I believe I'm getting there enough that, by the time I finish a couple or so posts on this; 'The Horses' will be back in there for the winter ~ Winter Is Coming .....

  I can't even remember if I've talked about all this before now, on here. Either way, all ye need to know now, to bring ye up to pace, is that I bought this cow shed and pen off Pat, I dunno. Four or five years back now?

  He'd let me treat it as my own anyway, from the start. I got Donks as soon as I got here. Pat let me stable him in the shed. And the goats.

  I started working on the shed, just as a hobby and a pass time. Rendering inside. Pointing outside. I built doors and so forth. Finally, Pat and I came to a deal. Cash passed hands. Boosh!

  So, there I was, Owner of a paddock, cow shed and pen. How cool is that? Eight cow shed. Matching pen. Horse. Donkey. (Shot the fucking goat). Let the fun begin ....!


  Fun began alright.  Rose, being a fucking great tank of a Cob, isn't exactly light of foot. So, that, combined with the shocking winter we had, back there. And the already aged state of the pen .....







  Well, let's face it ~ It could be a lot worse!  Clever bollocks here though figured he could fix that. So, I dug and scraped all that mud and shit out. Left myself with a 50/50% area of old concrete and pot holes. Then cheerfully filled the pot holes with new concrete!

  Yes! Pure fucking genius, eh? Deano came along. Took one look at it and, in his somewhat laid back and laconic style announced;

  " Yeah. See, the water will get down between the edges of the new concrete patches. Then, winter will come (winter is coming). That water will freeze. Expand. And pop every fucking bit of that new concrete back out again. "

  I didn't actually take photo's of every stage of my work there. I was too taken up with doing the work. But, yes: I let the horses back in, for the winter.

  Winter indeed came ~ with a fucking vengeance. Water froze. Concrete popped. Horses produced shit. Over lifting, breaking concrete. Shit I couldn't shovel, because it was full of concrete ....! Nightmare!




  That's a rough idea of what they wound up living with. It got to the point where Rosie had to walk, knee deep, through her own, liquefied, shit. Just to reach the drinker. A drinker I couldn't get to, because of Chinese boots! (But, that's another story!)

  See that stall, top left? Remember that. Ye'll be seeing more of that yet. Quite a lot of that. It's important.

  In fact, bear with me on this whole 'Stables' thing. It may not seem much now. But, over several more, interspersed, posts I want to show ye something that'll all come together.

  I'll come up with other, unrelated, shit to talk about. So ye don't come bogged down in all this horse shit. But, believe me; We're talking a few Years work here. 

  Next time, I'll show ye the cow shed / stable to be. Inside and out. Tell ye a little about That aspect of the fucking drama!



No comments:

Post a Comment